What you need to be looking for to catch things early.
About Prostate Cancer
Symptoms of Prostate Cancer
Not everyone experiences symptoms of prostate cancer. Many times, signs of prostate cancer are first detected by a doctor during a routine check-up. Some men, however, will experience changes in urinary or sexual function that might indicate the presence of prostate cancer. These symptoms include:
- A need to urinate frequently, especially at night.
- Difficulty starting urination or holding back urine.
- Weak or interrupted flow of urine.
- Painful or burning urination.
- Difficulty in having an erection.
- Painful ejaculation.
- Blood in urine or semen.
- Frequent pain or stiffness in the lower back, hips, or upper thighs.
You should consult with your doctor if you experience any of the symptoms above.
Because these symptoms can also indicate the presence of other diseases or disorders, such as BPH or prostatitis, men will undergo a thorough work-up to determine the underlying cause.
Information provided by body+soul. http://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/health+healing/mens+health/13+important+facts+about+prostate+health,6971
American Cancer Society